Saturday, May 16, 2009

Basil, Cilantro and Parsley, Oh My!

I get enormous pleasure when I see all my little herb seedlings growing. They couldn't have been easier this year with this greenhouse kit (purchased at Lowe's for $6.97). 

Last year I started seeds in egg cartons which might have been environmentally friendly, but were messy and hard to move. This greenhouse didn't even need more water until the lid was finally removed and they were ready to be transplanted into bigger containers. I have cilantro, Italian parsley, thyme, rosemary, basil and dill. There were plenty of seeds left to start a second batch later this summer. If I actually accomplish this I could have herbs through the winter. 

I love to cook with fresh herbs and am already thinking about the basil pesto and marinades that will be made with these plants. What do you like to do with herbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment