Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Speedy Chicken Pasta

When I need a quick meal that I know the boys will eat this chicken pasta is on that go-to list. Not only does it go together quickly but I feel much better serving this over take-out. I use a jarred sauce, if I don't have any homemade marinara in the freezer, and then add fresh herbs and flaxseed meal to give it a boost.

Speedy Chicken Pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar pasta sauce - I like Classico Sweet Basil
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
salt & fresh ground black pepper
optional: crushed red pepper
Mrs. Leeper's corn spaghetti, cooked al dente
Parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil in a large pan and add onions, garlic and chicken. Cook until onions are translucent and chicken is cooked through. Add sauces, basil, oregano, flaxseed meal, basil and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5-10 minutes.

Add cooked pasta and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment